These sponge cloths are different to the regular ones, which are usually made of plastic. The plastic versions will be used for a couple of weeks before being discarded, destined for several lifetimes spent at landfill or in the seas, breaking down into smaller and smaller pieces of plastic while releasing the harmful chemicals contained within them, polluting our environment and harming our marine life.
These sponge cloths are made from 70% cellulose and 30% cotton from renewable and sustainable sources. They can be cleaned in the washing machine or dishwasher and reused time and time again, giving excellent value for money while doing good for the environment too. Once they have reached the end of their lives, you can pop them in your compost bin where they will fully biodegrade, leaving zero waste behind!
Why we love:
- Plastic free
- Cruelty free
- Highly absorbant
- Dishwasher safe
- Washing machine safe - wash at 30-60 and line dry
- Each sponge: 172 (w) x 200 (h) mm
- Minimal recyclable packaging
- Renewable and sustainable
- 10% of profits for this set goes to Australia's New South Wales' Wildlife Rescue Service (WIRES), helping wildlife affected by the Australia bush fires